A vehicle or car is transported using a truck that has been expressly designed for the purpose. The phrase is interchangeable with "vehicle transport". The automobile transportation service helps shipping firms move their cars from one location to another.
Unlike other modes of transportation, car transport can be used for either business or personal purposes. Thus, the use of taxis, private ambulances, shuttles, or chauffeur services makes passenger transportation viable. If a person only needs a car for a short while, rental services can also be used.
Car transport does not include the transportation of products for practical reasons and due to insufficient storage space. However, there are situations in which sporadic, focused deliveries can be made by car. This is specifically true for some food delivery services. Another definition of car transport is the use of specialized trucks to move the aforementioned automobiles.
Car transportation is characterized by five key characteristics. They aid in a better understanding of the key applications for this mode of transportation as well as the significance of it:
- Vehicle transportation for tourists. It also includes light utility vehicles that are specifically made for carrying passengers.
- This mode of transportation can be used for personal or professional purposes.
- A driving license may be required depending on the vehicle's GVWR.
- Car transport is appropriate for short, medium, or long-distance trips.
- It is a universal mode of transportation that exhibits some regulatory differences depending on the country in question: right- or left-hand drive, conditions required for the vehicle, etc.